About the Position
Do you have an eye for design and aesthetics? Are you able to extract simple stories from complicated briefs? Do you have the confidence and the experience to present to clients? Are you able to concept and direct small scale standalone projects? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Distil project information into a narrative to successfully tell the story across simpler deliverables.
- Create narrative structures for clients to sign off.
- Champion production process across key areas of work.
- Concept and direct small scale standalone projects and be a key team member on larger scope projects.
- Brief artists on projects in a clear and concise manner.
- Be an active participant with client presentations taking the lead from senior creatives.
- 3 to 5 years experience within a relevant agency / production environment.
- Be able to demonstrate examples where you have used your own initiative and had a level of responsibility and autonomy on projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience building and maintaining client relationships.
- Organised and efficient.
- Experience with Google docs, specifically Google Slides.
- Copywriting skills.
- Graphic skills - photoshop and/or illustrator.
- Animation skills - AfterEffects.
- 3d modelling skills - 3ds max, Cinema 4D and/or SketchUp.
- Degree qualified in a relevant field.
- Clear communicator
- Calm under pressure
- Positive and approachable
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.