About the Position
This role will involve assisting senior producers to manage a broad range of projects from linear content to interactive software and immersive installations. There may be times where you will be responsible to a senior producer for the complete delivery of small scale projects according to brief, timelines and budget; managing both creative and technical teams in house and externally.
- Plans working schedules and resources in line with production milestones alongside the producers
- Regularly updates and manages projects via Squint Opera’s online production tools including G-docs, F-track and Smartsheets
- Communicating with the client
- File management and organisation
- Asset wrangling and management
- Research for projects where necessary
- Organises project reviews and team meetings, taking minutes and collating feedback and comments
- Assisting the planning of shoots in the UK and internationally including crewing, kit hire, location permissions, talent bookings and scheduling
- Attends meetings, workshops and shoots alongside the producer
- Helping to prepare client presentations
- Setting up contracts and managing freelancers, sub-contractors and external collaborators based in the UK and overseas
- Acting as runner on shoots, assisting the producer
- Assisting with studio presentations and covering reception
- Experience with Google docs
- Experience with microsoft office suite
- Able to adapt well and prioritise
- At least 2 years professional experience in a similar role either on the creative production or project management side
- Experience as an assistant producer, creative producer or runner in a media production environment
- Experience with Google Slides
- Ability to research creative concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, flexible, adapts well to changing priorities
- Excellent at planning organising and carrying out objectives
- Calm and in control when under pressure or in difficult situations
- Ability to make things happen, perseverance
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.