About the Position
We are looking for a highly creative and versatile Lead Graphic Designer to join the team. You will work across a wide variety of projects to craft the visual language.
You will be a strong and versatile graphic designer able to create high-quality work and build out ideas through a range of mediums with an emphasis on motion design. You will be leading the design thinking on projects, working both hands-on and with production teams, freelancers and studios to shape projects as they transition into production. An integral part of the Production Design Team, you’ll apply your skills to everything from establishing illustrative treatments and graphical layouts to the production of style frames.
- Conceptualising and developing the visual language of a project from design to production
- Creating unique graphic styles for multiple projects across the studio
- Working closely with the Creative Director to create a design language that answers the brief
- Briefing and inspiring junior and mid-weight designers across a variety of different projects
- Creating mockups and storyboards to express and build out ideas and concepts
- Bringing strong general knowledge of different design disciplines and applying this to projects
- Able to think conceptually and translate ideas into production
- Adaptable and interested in different styles and techniques of design
- Able to showcase a wide range of skills from hands-on design to conceptual thinking
- A strong understanding of design, illustration and knowledge animation (2d + 3d)
- Collaborative and able to work with a variety of teams across a range of disciplines
- Able to take creative ownership and accept responsibility of a project
- Able to interpret briefs and build a visual identity in keeping with message of the project
- A skilled communicator both visually and verbally
Skills & Experience
- Graphic asset artworking
- Layout (digital + print)
- Web / App wireframes
- Art Direction (2D + 3D)
- Logo design
- Graphic treatments
- Photographic manipulation / artworking
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00
$70,000.00 - $100,000.00
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is part of a larger team at Journey, which was formed to help companies envision the next chapter of their customer’s journey, and craft a compelling experience across all touchpoints, both reimagined and newly created.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities.
No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Squint to:
Please include your full name, the role you are applying for and salary expectations