About the Position
As Creative Director, you are experienced in your craft with great imagination and leadership qualities. Storytelling and good design skills are essential components of creating beautiful and engaging work. Working alongside the Project Director, interfacing with clients and production teams means interpreting and translating briefs into creative visions that fulfil our internal creative ambitions, meet our clients’ objectives and inspire audiences.
- Developing creative treatments
- Developing Storyboards
- Defining and resolving creative ideas before communicating to the production team to ensure efficiency of production resource
- Ability to translate briefs into high quality and achievable creative visions with the budget
- Ensuring that all the clients’ objectives are met or exceeded
- Oversee the execution of the approved creative direction throughout the production process and working with the production teams to bring this vision to life
- Jointly responsible (alongside the Producer) to ensure internal and external deadlines & reviews are met, attending all project reviews
- Responsible for art directing film and still shoots where necessary or working with an Art Director
- Attending client meetings and involved in client correspondence during production
- Provide ideas and brief references to our music provider
- Demonstrates intellectual and creative rigour, with a passion to develop in the role
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly to clients
- Flexible can-do attitude. Adapts well to changing priorities
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels
- Sets standards of behaviour and acts as a leader and role model
- Takes decisions which have a substantial impact on the achievement of production and quality objectives
- In depth knowledge of technical and creative aspects of the work and ability to reconcile these
- Ability to understand conflicting viewpoints and resolve issues
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Confident and decisive, a problem solver
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, high quality standards
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing with team-mates
- Help to foster an atmosphere in which creative innovation can take place
- Demonstrable senior experience with a creative agency or production environment
- Previous experience of leading teams, both directly and indirectly
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, with a focus on moving image, including editing
- Experience directing CG & animation
- Adaptable to different creative approaches and styles
- Experience with film and photography shoots
- Knowledge of standard softwares and workflows to achieve creative goals and express vision to the production team
- Creative overview of all projects in charge of ensuring that the S/O creativity is at the heart of every project and true to the ECDs vision
- Communicating the developing creative vision to the client and getting them on board with Squint/Opera’s preferred concept
- Improved team skills, participating in regular creative team meeting
- Communicating the creative vision clearly to the production team
- Accurate estimation of time required for projects
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.