About the Position
The role provides a great opportunity to work across the plethora of different media SquintOpera produces. You will be involved in multiple projects at one time and oversee all production processes through the entire timeline of the assigned projects. Collaborating with the creative and supporting producers to ensure production quality and efficiency is maintained across all group divisions including 3D, 2D, Animation, Post-Production and Digital.
- Assisting producers planning work and budget for project days
- Planning production tasks to deliver as per creative vision on time and budget, using FTrack or other tools
- Preparing technical briefing and delivery documents and making sure output is as per spec, reviewing assets and client information
- Responsible for production teams efficient and high-quality output as per schedule for each delivery stage
- Collaborate with other production team members for specialist tasks
- Take ownership of production processes on assigned projects
- Devise and agree cost-effective and efficient solutions to technical problems in production
- Advise on shoots for CGI integration, attending as VFX supervisor when required
- Predict and proactively troubleshoot production bottlenecks or issues
- Enable creative concepts to become a reality by ensuring that the correct technology is available and working
- Working on shots/tasks as required
- Demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities and able to pick up new skills quickly
- Flexible can-do attitude. Adapts well to changing priorities
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships with collaborators
- Takes decisions which have a substantial impact on the achievement of production and quality objectives
- In-depth knowledge of technical and creative aspects of the work and ability to reconcile these
- Ability to understand conflicting viewpoints and resolve issues
- Approachable, flexible, adapts well to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Perseverance when faced with difficulties
- Confident and decisive
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, high quality standards
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing with team-mates
- Keeping up with emerging technologies beneficial to production and proposing plans for implementation.
- Demonstrable experience (8+ years) within a post-production or creative content agency environment
- Expert knowledge of 3D and 2D software packages and pipeline
- A strong understanding of the technical processes across production disciplines
- Experience managing teams of internal and external artists across a range of specialisms
- Understanding of the architecture and/or cultural market in the UK and internationally
- Delivering projects with meeting the creative vision, within expected margin and meeting the SquintOpera standards
- Collaborative relationship across creative teams and external collaborators
- Accurate and clear reporting on projects to Production Delivery Director
- Overview of all assigned projects at any given time
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.