About the Position
We are seeking an Unreal Senior developer to join our digital team. The role is a unique opportunity to lead high profile projects across the globe. The ideal candidate will be focused on all technical aspects of production from creative support to delivery. A thorough understanding of real time development, asset optimisation is required together with problem solving approach and an eagerness to learn.
With a focus on real-time applications and/or game development, the candidate ideally will have architectural visualisation experience together with a strong background in 3D. Embedded within the digital team, the role will require ownership of our flagship projects together with coordination between creative leads, 3D artists and the wider dev team. The technical tasks will require rigorous planning, coordination and excellence in technical execution.
- Working on project tasks and taking lead on real-time projects where necessary
- Technical implementation of bespoke interactive applications.
- Maintenance of our existing systems
- Technical implementation and solutions of bespoke Applications for interactive experiential projects with ongoing maintenance where necessary.
- Coordinations with external teams and freelancers
- Keeping up with latest digital and real-time standards to support our digital offering and end user experience.
- Development of interactive software for a range of new interactive exhibits, ranging from digital twins, VR, AR, touchscreens interactives.
- Maintaining and improving our current workflow to support current and future media creation.
- Knowledge sharing and applying that knowledge to projects. Collaborating with designers, producers, content developers, and other developers to deliver a successful project.
- Support maintenance of our production tools (perforce, gitlab, aws, etc )
- Demonstrable senior experience (10+ Years) with unreal
- Previous experience of leading complex projects and coordinating between teams.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal
- C++ (entry level ok)
- Thorough understanding of 3D optimisation process
- Able to adapt and master new technical environments
- Analytic approach to problem solving
- Able to manage their own time
- One or more DCC : 3ds max || Maya || Blender || Rhino || etc…
- Experience with integrating APIs
- Knowledge of Code versioning (perforce / Plastic / git etc.. )
- Eye for detail
- Gaming UX principles
- Experience in working with USD
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.