About the Position
As a senior artist you will produce high quality CG shots and stills collaborating closely with the Creative Director, Producer and CG Teams. You will lead projects and mentor less experienced artists.
- Working up shots and/ or stills on projects to achieve the high quality results that are true to the creative vision.
- Working closely with producers to help estimate time for tasks and changes from clients
- Owning your tasks within production from inception to delivery, responsible for the rendering of your output within expected render times
- Complete understanding of the project from the design aspect as well as creative vision.
- Ability to have an overview of the final goal for the shot/ stills and what its trying to achieve
- Assist the 3D Lead in setting up scenes on projects
- Paying attention to creating assets that can be made available in our library working with the CG Lead and Visual Director to develop
- Own the model assets library
- Acting as a 3D Lead or Creative Director on projects as required
- Flexible, can-do attitude. Adapts well to changing priorities
- Confident and friendly
- Sets standards of behaviour and acts as a role model
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, high quality standards
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing with team-mates
- Able to spot issues in production and proactive about resolving issues in production
- Demonstrable experience (6+ years) within a post-production or Creative Content agency environment
- Exceptional 3D skills
- Good understanding of the technical process involved in producing shots or stills that include 3D
- Able to lead projects and collaborate with team
- Understanding of the architecture and/or cultural market in the UK and internationally
- Accurately estimating time required for production tasks and delivering within
- Accessible, clean and standardised Asset Library in place for production team
- Ensuring output is efficiently rendered
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.