About the Position
We are seeking a real time developer to join our digital team. The role is a unique opportunity to lead high profile projects across the globe around the. The ideal candidate will be focused on all technical aspects from creative support to delivery. A thorough understanding of real time development Unity is required together with a problem solving approach and an eagerness to learn.
- Lead on our interactive projects for museums
- Reporting to tech director
- Technical implementation and solutions of bespoke Applications for interactive experiential projects with ongoing maintenance where necessary.
- Working together with external teams and freelancers
- Assisting in progress developments, liaison with AV integrators
- Development of interactive software for a range of new interactive exhibits, ranging from VR, AR to touchscreens
- Maintaining and improving our current workflow.
- Sharing knowledge, Collaborating with designers, producers, and other developers to deliver a successful project.
- Keeping up with latest digital and real-time industry standards to support our digital offering and end user experience.
- Foresee potential issues in production and help resolve them.
- Eager to learn
- Remaining calm under tight deadlines to think clearly about problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Unity 3D
- Min 5 years experience with demonstrable senior experience
- Fluency in one or more object oriented languages.
- Software engineering skills to write robust and maintainable code
- Ability to work with software version control systems
- Experience working in large interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with server-side technologies ( api integrations, node, aws admin etc..)
- Strong interest in digital physical installation
- Eye for details. Animations, UI
- Experience with Unreal + Blueprints and/or C++
- Glsls / Shaders
- Knowledge of a 3d DCC
- Physical application development experience
- Experience in Mobile platform deployment
- Experience with VR and AR
- Knowledge and experience of web technologies and platforms
Working together with the digital, creatives and producer team you will be involved on long term projects from start to finish under the supervision of Squint technical director.
In parallel your role will be to assist or overview the good execution of short term digital endeavours.
You will also be involved in maintaining a cohesion within our code base together with improving our workflow.
The nature of physical installation will at times require you to travel on site to setup your digital creations.
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.