About the Position
You will play a key role in Squint/Opera’s business development team, with a dual function of managing responses to bids, and supporting Squint/Opera’s growth in the Middle East.
- Attending departmental Business Development meetings and liaising with the Head of Department and BD Directors.
- Reading and summarising RFPs to enable the Business Development team to make an informed decision about whether to pursue particular projects.
- Managing RFP responses by collating material, writing methodologies, editing CVs, etc in conjunction with the appropriate BD Director, and ensuring safe submission.
- Coordinating all parties involved in the bid process to ensure everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and deadlines.
- Maintaining a schedule of open bids and deadlines for submission.
- Ensuring that bids are submitted on time and are as complete and accurate as possible.
- Sourcing and co-ordinating design input to ensure the visual standard of all documentation and presentation material is engaging.
- Monitoring procurement portals and RFP trackers for projects which may be of interest
- Researching and identifying new projects and opportunities
- Developing, promoting, and improving upon bid best practice initiatives
- Maintaining a database of active projects in the Middle East
- Researching potential leads and contacts to support the ME Director
- Organising BD campaigns (research, travel, schedule meetings)
- Tracking correspondence to ensure leads are followed through
- Creating research presentations on different areas of interest in the ME
- Maintaining CRM and regional project database
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Quick learner.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Interest in the Middle East, or desire to learn about ME.
- Ability to clearly present information and communicate findings to colleagues around the business.
- 1-2 years work experience, or familiarity with new business process
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm [Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Medical insurance
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
Squint/Opera is a leading creative studio which bridges the worlds of architecture, design, media, and technology to create compelling, narrative-driven experiences. As experts in blending digital media with physical reality, we help our clients craft digital content to immerse their audiences and communicate big ideas.
Squint was founded in London in 2001, by four young friends who wanted to help visionary thinkers and institutions make the radical a reality. For more than 20 years, we have delivered projects in every corner of the globe and for a wide range of clients across architecture, government, real estate, museums, and attractions.
Squint/Opera is now part of Journey, a leading innovation and design agency who specialise in crafting compelling experiences across the physical and digital realms. Together, Squint/Opera and Journey create the first agency with proven expertise blending the physical and virtual worlds at a global scale.
We seek employees who inherently represent our values:
- Embrace change
- Seek invention
- Increase our knowledge
- Say it simply
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that, we know that the people at Squint/Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities. No matter your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.