Squint/Opera is a design studio that brings together media production, digital technology and design to articulate, promote and execute the big ideas. We have studios in London and New York, and an international portfolio of clients including BIG, UNStudio, the Empire State Building, Heatherwick Studio, and the V&A. We value pioneering attitudes, collaborative work and dedicated, generous individuals. The role provides a great opportunity to work across the plethora of different media SquintOpera produces. You will be involved in multiple projects at one time and oversee all production processes through the entire timeline of the assigned projects. Collaborating with the creative and supporting producers to ensure production quality and efficiency is maintained across all group divisions including 3D, 2D, Animation, Post-Production and Digital.
- Assisting producers planning work and budget for project days
- Planning production tasks to deliver as per creative vision on time and budget, using FTrack or other tools
- Preparing technical briefing and delivery documents and making sure output is as per spec, reviewing assets and client information
- Responsible for production teams efficient and high-quality output as per schedule for each delivery stage
- Collaborate with other production team members for specialist tasks
- Take ownership of production processes on assigned projects
- Devise and agree cost-effective and efficient solutions to technical problems in production
- Advise on shoots for CGI integration, attending as VFX supervisor when required
- Predict and proactively troubleshoot production bottlenecks or issues
- Enable creative concepts to become a reality by ensuring that the correct technology is available and working
- Working on shots/tasks as required
- Demonstrable experience (8+ years) within a post-production or creative content agency environment
- Expert knowledge of 3D and 2D software packages and pipeline
- A strong understanding of the technical processes across production disciplines
- Experience managing teams of internal and external artists across a range of specialisms
Understanding of the architecture and/or cultural market in the UK and internationally
- Delivering projects with meeting the creative vision, within expected margin and meeting the SquintOpera standards
- Collaborative relationship across creative teams and external collaborators
- Accurate and clear reporting on projects to Production Delivery Director
- Overview of all assigned projects at any given time
09.30 – 18.00 Monday – Friday with 1 hour for lunch
£45,000 – £65,000
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Squint Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply with a CV and cover letter including why you want to work at Squint to:
In the subject line please include your full name and the role you are applying for and salary expectations.
London / Full-time
* indicates required field
Apply for this position
Please apply with a CV and cover letter including why you want to work at Squint.
* indicates required field