We are seeking a real time developer to join our digital team. The role is a unique opportunity to lead high profile projects across the globe. The ideal candidate will be focused on all technical aspects from creative support to delivery. A thorough understanding of real time development Unity and/or unreal is required together with a problem solving approach and an eagerness to learn. We will consider both full-time and contract based candidates.
- Lead on our interactive projects and reporting to tech director
- Technical implementation and solutions of bespoke Applications for interactive experiential projects with ongoing maintenance where necessary.
- Working together with external teams and freelancers
- Assisting in progress developments, liaison with AV integrators
- Development of interactive software for a range of new interactive exhibits, ranging from VR, AR to touchscreens
- Maintaining and improving our current workflow.
- Sharing knowledge, Collaborating with designers, producers, and other developers to deliver a successful project.
- Keeping up with latest digital and realtime industry standards to support our digital offering and end user experience.
- Foresee potential issues in production and help resolve them.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Unity 3D and or Unreal
- Min 5 years experience
- Fluency in one or more object oriented languages.
- Software engineering skills to write robust and maintainable code
- Ability to work with software version control systems
- Experience working in large interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with server-side technologies ( api integrations, node, aws admin etc..)
- Strong interest in digital physical installation
- Eye for details. Animations, UI.
- Knowledge and experience of Unreal
- Experience with Blueprints and/or C++
- Glsls / Shaders
- Experience with Houdini
- Knowledge and experience of a 3d software package
- Physical application development experience
- Experience in Mobile platform deployment
- Experience with VR and AR
- Knowledge and experience of web technologies and platforms.
This is a full-time position.
Our working hours are 9:30am – 6:00pm
[Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch]
We currently have a hybrid approach to working with a mixture of in-house and remote days.
£45,000.00 – £60,000.00
- Unlimited holiday
- Medicash health scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly masterclasses
- Secondments between our London and New York studios
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Access to FSA, HSA, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Training and development opportunities
This is just a snapshot of some of the perks you can expect at Squint.
We want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Squint Opera have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if your experience doesn’t exactly match but you think you could still be successful in this role — we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply with a CV and cover letter including why you want to work at Squint to:
In the subject line please include your full name and the role you are applying for and salary expectations.
London / Full-time
* indicates required field
Apply for this position
Please apply with a CV and cover letter including why you want to work at Squint.
* indicates required field